Scholarly work published in other media
1. Research toolkit: how to read a paper. CPER Patch Point Newsletter Fall 2016. Available at perma.cc/9QCN-BBD8.
2. Rapid reviews: Care of traumatic amputated parts. Available at perma.cc/779A-6NF2.
3. Bacterial meningitis and septicaemia online learning resource. Available at meningitis.alanbatt.net.
4. Ebola – guidelines & resources for prehospital providers. Available at perma.cc/7XZX-YYEY.
5. An introduction to reflective practice for paramedics. Available at perma.cc/E6WN-R56B.
6. Let’s go clubbing: setting up a journal club. Available at perma.cc/8TM5-88TC.
7. A paramedic’s guide to Twitter. Available at perma.cc/Y6WK-M5WN.
8. Degrees for Paramedics. Available at perma.cc/8JXE-2MQF.
9. Ethical dilemmas in paramedic practice. Available at perma.cc/HE72-GYU5 (Featured resource on NAEMT PEPL course)
10. An introduction to ethics for paramedics. Available at perma.cc/WX65-WD8Y.
11. Evidence based practice – a primer for paramedics. Available at perma.cc/BD89-7DCZ.
12. Rapid reviews: intranasal delivery of medications. Available at perma.cc/UKY9-TPGG.
13. Rapid reviews: Suspension trauma management. Available at perma.cc/Y8SF-NAUG.
14. Rapid reviews: vital signs in CVAs – which arm? Available at perma.cc/46NB-K8HR.
15. Case study series (overdose, anaphylaxis, CVA etc.). Available at http://prehospitalresearch.eu/?cat=60
Technical reports and guidelines published
- National Ambulance Clinical Development Group* (2015). Clinical Practice Guidelines. Abu Dhabi, National Ambulance.
- National Ambulance Clinical Development Group* (2015). Clinical Treatment Protocols. Abu Dhabi, National Ambulance.
- National Ambulance Clinical Development Group* (2015). Clinical Treatment Protocols Field Guide. Abu Dhabi, National Ambulance.
Publications – Books/chapters edited, reviewed or written
- Pollak A. (Ed.) (2017). Nancy Caroline’s Emergency Care in the Streets, Eight Edition (Reviewer).
- Synder D. (Ed.) (2014) Geriatric Education for Emergency Medical Services (GEMS), Second Edition. Reviewer.
Presentations to learned societies
1. Invited speaker to PACE2017 (topic TBC). Paramedic Association of Canada Conference, Quebec City, Canada. (Aug 2017).
2. Invited speaker to EMS Gathering (topic TBC). EMS Gathering, Kinsale, Ireland. (May 2017).
3. Simulation and debriefing. Irish Red Cross Cork City Branch, Cork, Ireland. (Jun 2016).
4. Immersive simulation in paramedic education workshop. EMS Gathering, Killarney, Ireland. (Jun 2016).
5. High risk PPE workshop. EMS Gathering, Killarney, Ireland. (Jun 2016).
6. Knowledge translation, research dissemination and social media. McNally Centre for Paramedicine Research, Toronto, Canada (Feb 2016).
7. Paramedic education and social media. 3rd International Paramedic Congress, Antalya, Turkey. (Dec 2015).
8. International EMS: United Arab Emirates. 3rd International Paramedic Congress, Antalya, Turkey. (Dec 2015).
9. International EMS: Ireland. 3rd International Paramedic Congress, Antalya, Turkey. (Dec 2015).
10. The social media medic. Ontario Paramedic Association Paramedicine 2015 Conference, Niagara Falls, Canada. (Nov 2015).
11. Implementing scenario-based simulation training. Irish Red Cross Cork City Branch, Cork, Ireland. (Jul 2015).
12. Improving pre-hospital sepsis care. Irish Red Cross EMT CPD Forum, Cork, Ireland. (Dec 2014).
13. The EMT and safe medication administration. Irish Red Cross Cork City Branch, Cork, Ireland. (Dec 2014).
Professional Educational Materials
- Bacterial Meningitis CME Module
- Syllabus: Tutor Development Course
- Syllabus: Maths for Medics Course
- High-risk PPE and trained observer programme
- Syllabus: Diploma of Clinical Practice (EMT-Intermediate)
- Syllabus: Critical Care Emergency Medical Technician Course
- Syllabus: Certificate of Clinical Practice (EMT-Basic)